When we think of biohazards, our imaginations often bring up horror movie images. However, biohazards aren’t restricted to films; unfortunately, they usually exist closer to home than what is safe or comfortable. Suppose a biohazard is discovered on your property. In that case, it’s vital for your health and safety to partner with a professional biohazard cleaning company like Grimebusters. Below we’ll discuss what’s considered a biohazard and some of the many biohazards our team at Grimebusters is well equipped to decontaminate and dispose of. Continue reading to learn more about biohazards.!
What is a Biohazard?
A biohazard is a biological or chemical material that threatens the health of living organisms. Biohazards can be found almost anywhere, at your job, in children’s classrooms, or in your home. They should be treated with extreme care and caution because biohazards have the potential to infect anyone who has been exposed to them. That’s why it’s vital to partner with an experienced and reliable biohazard clean-up service provider like Grimebusters.
Types of Biohazards
Biohazards come in a variety of types and danger levels. Regardless of the kind of biohazard you may be facing, a biohazard cleaning crew from Grimebusters can ensure your home or business is safe. The following are some of the many biohazards Grimebusters can clean up.
1. Human Bodily Fluids: Bodily fluids can carry numerous biohazard cultures. For instance, saliva can transmit various viruses and diseases, from the common cold to far worse health risks. Proper cleaning and professional disinfection services are critical to prevent the spread of many dangerous diseases.
2. Human Blood and Blood Products: Blood, bodily fluids, or tissues that contain visible blood are at risk of being infected with numerous diseases and other health risks. Insects, trauma scenes, and other interactions can spread infected blood. This is why using a biohazard cleaning service is critical to clear the hazard safely.
3. Human or Animal Pathological Waste: This includes animal tissues, body parts, and organs. Exposure to tissue that has been decomposing or contaminated is a significant health risk. Again, this is why handling these biological items properly is crucial. A biohazard clean-up company like Grimebusters can carefully clean and decontaminate the affected sites.
4. Animal Waste: Excrement, fluids, and bedding material are a few examples of animal waste. Each of these items can infect other animals and humans with many different diseases. Often rodents and birds are the most common issues property owners will face regarding animal waste biohazards. While removing the affected items and decontaminating your property can be a challenge on your own, Grimebusters is here to help.
5. Sharps Waste: Often, you’ll find sharp waste on sites where drug use has occurred. Typically sharps waste includes needles, glass, knives and more. In general sharp waste requires extra care as it can easily pass diseases or infections to a cleaner. Grimebusters’ team of highly trained technicians understands the many safety precautions necessary to dispose of sharps waste properly. We use specialized training, personal protective equipment (PPE), and technologically advanced tools to decontaminate your property.
Trust the Experts for Biohazard Cleaning
Biohazardous waste is incredibly dangerous and requires immediate clean-up services from specialized professionals like Grimebusters. For over 20 years, Grimerbusters has been helping to clean up the Edmonton area to ensure biohazards are disposed of safely and carefully. Our team of specialists is well-equipped to handle biohazards’ many challenges during a clean-up project. So if you’ve discovered a biohazard in your home, business, or rental property, contact Grimebusters today so our crew can ensure the safety of your family, employees and residents.